Friday, May 9, 2008

Crop Circles



I'm sure we're all familiar with crop circles from our culture or from the popular of the movie Signs. What is your theory behind them: are they man-made hoaxes, extra-terrestrial, or something else?

May 5, 2008 was the last siting of a crop circle in Tennessee. They always look similar: they are triangular, irregular, or intricate shapes and designs imbedded in crops. They are formed overnight, and there really is no explanation to how they are completed.



When I heard about the recent crop circle, I did a small bit of research on the topic. I was curious as to how long these have been spotted around the world. The earliest crop circle was documented in 1678. They believed it was done by the devil, a sign of the devil. Today, experts have done expirements on them to determine whether or not they are formed by humans or not. Some tests have shown that they would be impossible to be made by humans in the short span of time, with the precision, and with machines. Definitely a debatable topic.

Obviously, if you believe if "aliens" exist, then you might think they have a hand in the matter. If not, you must think it's all a big hoax. Honestly, I believe that it's pretty egotistical and ethnocentric to believe that we are the only living species in the ENTIRE universe. There HAS to be something out there. I mean, I don't think they're going to hurt us or anything like they do in the movies. I think the movies have it all wrong. They've killed the stereotype. If they were going to hurt us, they would have already. I believe they must have more intelligent technology and means for travel. I bet they've been here and I bet they've made these crop circles. I bet there are people out there who would argue heavily against me, and that's fine, we're all entitled to our beliefs. I just think it has to be something more intricate than mankind. I don't know what, but it's definitely something.



That's my two cents on "aliens," or whatever they are. And crop circles. That too.

So what do you think of crop circles? What causes them, do you think?

No comments: