Friday, August 17, 2007

This Week in Pictures

Awesome discovery yesterday: Kelly introduced me to Yahoo! News' 'This Week in Pictures,' which captures the 12 best pictures taken from the week. These pictures are awesome and quick to look through, capturing artistic talent as well as our world around us.

I'm going to invite you to look at some awesome, incredible, artistic photos at Yahoo! News' archive.

For any teachers out there... some of these pictures might be useful in the classroom somehow. Just keep it on file...

Let me know which ones you like or which ones stick with you. If you have any other websites that have cool art or pictures on them too, please let me know.

1 comment:

Megan said...

As you know, I'm sort of a photography nut... and I love looking at Yahoo's Week in Pictures.

To me (i guess not JUST me) a good photo is not only one that is framed well and has good composition... (ie all empty spaces in the photo have been filled with something important) but that the photo evokes emotion... like the word for that emotion is written right across the picture.

Photography truly is an art: to become a legendary photographer takes countless hours of practice, plenty of patience, and, oh yeah, skill.