Thursday, August 23, 2007

Charlie



Thanks to Kelly, yesterday I came across some YouTube footage of one of my favorite bands, The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Apparently, they made their own video and posted it on YouTube, asking fans to create a video of "Charlie" for them. Check out the band's video here.

With increasing video footage and talent on YouTube, what an excellent way to get a video--especially with involvement of fans. I love Chili Peppers (and other bands like this) who really listen to and appreciate their fans. They make music because they love to, artistically have to create, and make it for a fanbase who they really care for. That's the Chili Peppers.

Anyway, with this contest, they judged all videos sent in for "Charlie" and picked the best as their own. I was astounded to see the real video, for people are really, really talented. Music videos seem simple and easy to create, but they probably are not easy in the least. This video, in my opinion, is really good. I just kept thinking about how good our youth is becoming at technological things--like video-making (courtesy of our YouTube generation).

View the "Charlie" video here, and let me know what you think!

No comments: