Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Digital Shorts

Saturday Night Live is, and has been, one of my favorite shows throughout the years and throughout the many casts. The newer seasons have received much criticism for not living up to the past cats of Will Ferrell, Chris Farley, John Belushi, Adam Sandler, or Mike Meyers, but I think that SNL has a new face that keeps the show funny, up-to-date, fresh, and edgy: Andy Samberg.



Samberg's digital shorts have a different kind of comedy--a unique sense of humor that isn't textbook comedy at the box office. Just like Jerry Seinfeld has his own unique style of comedy, so does Samberg.



Hot Rod, Samberg's first movie, debuted this summer, doing not so bad at the box office. I saw it on opening night because I'm that big of a fan (how embarassing), and it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it did make me laugh. I think Samberg will come out with more movies that will be better, almost like Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler did once they left SNL. Let me know what you think of Hot Rod if you've seen it.



Watch some digital shorts and let me know what you think, which ones you like, which ones you didn't particularly care for, etc.

Watch this Digital Short called "Dear Sister," where Shia LeBeouf co-stars. It's over-dramatic but funny.

Watch this Digital Short called "Dick in a Box," the Christmas special featuring Justin Timberlake. This is his most popular short, climbing to the top of YouTube's most watched list the week it debuted on SNL.



Watch this Digital Short called "Laser Cats 2," with co-star Bill Hader, on laser cats with laser beams on their heads--Mike Myers-esque.

Watch this Digital Short called "Gangsta Rap," with Natalie Portman, rapping.



Watch this Digital Short called "Young Chuck Norris," where Samberg actually plays Norris himself.



Watch this Digital Short called "Lazy Sunday," where Samberg and Chris Parnell rap about the Chronicles of Narnia. Very funny.



Watch this Digital Short called "Lettuce Help." It sounds strange, but it will you make you laugh.



Taco Town, I already posted in a different blog.



If anyone finds the most recent short, "Talking Dog" with Zack Braff, or any other digital shorts, let me know. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Megan said...

TJ and I watched the "Dear Sister" short when it was actually on the show. He absolutely loves it... and continues to watch it on YouTube and laugh hysterically every time.