Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm Not There

Apparently, a new theme of making movies of older musicians is growing rapidly, as you can see from recent new movies like Ray, or with incoming new movies like Janis Joplin's or Elvis' new movie. This trend has been done before though; it's not just something unique of the times now, but I think that since many of these types of films are being successful at the box office, movie-makers are going for it, memorializing the hottest stars of the past.

With this in mind, a new movie is coming out on Bob Dylan's life, but this movie seems to be more commercial than others. I think this will be the case due to the actor line-up to play Bob Dylan. The crazy thing is, there's not just one Bob Dylan in the movie, since it chronicles his life span. They have multiple actors (and actress) playing Bob. Here are the list of cast members set to play Bob Dylan:

Christian Bale
Cate Blanchett
Richard Gere
Heath Ledger

Opinions? I'm not that satisfied with Gere or Ledger... I wonder what they all look like when they're done up in costume. I hope that their characters can flow together, because they all seem to have different acting styles and act in different genres that might disrupt the movie. I could be wrong. I'm not eliminating that possibility. I'm just interested to see how this is going to turn out later on...

The movie should be released within 2007, and it is called I'm Not There. Check it out at imdb.

No comments: