Sunday, September 30, 2007

Get Away

We all need to get away from our hectic, normal, every-day lives. This weekend was one of those get-away weekends. Megan and I escaped from the student-teaching cycle and drove up to the lake, far away from Cortland.

I forget how serene and tranquil I feel when I come here. Just being in this setting makes me feel differently. It's funny how much an environment can control your mood or overall state of being. Being around my apartment doesn't provide as calming or relaxing of a setting than the lake does for me. It's not always positive, with the noise from police and fire engines racing down the block, loud beeping noises from the traffic crosser, loud cars and motorcycles blazing by, or trains that toot from a mile away. At least we hear the church bells every day--that always enlightens me and acts as background music that is actually quite soothing.

Anyway, it's good to get away and re-center yourself every so often. Where do you go when you need to get away? This is my place.

(Pictures courtesy of Kelly Law)

















And at night...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there, just commenting, those are good pics, tell kelly she is a good photographer, I really like the acorns. Sounds like you guys had fun. It would have been funner if I had been there. Yeah I said funner. talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of guy who loves to seek unprecedented things. Right now I'm manufacturing my private photovoltaic panels. I am managing it all alone without the assistance of my men. I am using the net as the only path to acheive this. I saw a truly brilliant website that explains how to create solar panels and so on. The site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not really sure about how correct the information given there is. If some people over here who have xp with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the thread it will be awesome and I would highly value it, because I truly take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U people rock.