Sunday, July 29, 2007

Watching

What do you watch, or like to watch?

I was thinking about this question this weekend when I'm up at my lake house with my friends. We're sitting out in front of the fire and the lake, and I love that this is the scenery that I choose to watch--not some television program that is meaningless to me, something that progresses my thinking and gets me to interact socially.

When I'm not here, which is most of the time, I have my front and back yard to ponder, which is really just a set of trees and backyards or a housing-track development. Normally I'm watching people talk and live in my house, which I enjoy watching a lot too. During the day I watch people work in a business setting and interact with strangers in the city (a wild experience for me too). Soon, I will watch classrooms, but it all changes depending on where we are and what we're doing. I just wonder if it somehow has something to do with our psyche, how we think of things or how it effects our moods and opinions.

I feel more calm this weekend in this setting--the environment must be key. I'm just curious as to what other people watch when they're inside/outside, at work/at home, etc. What are your constant watching observations?

No comments: