Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Send a Song

I was thinking about this in my car on the way home from work today in the extreme stifling heat...

You know how you send messages through IM or texting? You just want someone to receive a message, just a couple words or an idea. Well, I wish that there was a way to send someone a song. I wish, somehow, that I could give someone a song.

I was inspired today because I was listening to a 90s pop song "Closer to Free" by the BoDeans. The song may seem foreign, but if you heard it, I know you would recognize it. They probably played it on a few episodes of Friends.

"Closer to Free" is such a happy song that reminds me of the 90s, kind of reminiscing on the past. I had the greatest inkling to send the song to someone, but we have no means to do that. Wouldn't that be cool though? If I wanted to cheer someone up, I could send them a cool song, or if someone heard a song and it reminded them of me (or vice versa) you could literally send them the song. It's nice for someone to type it, but actually hearing the song provokes so much more feeling.

I think it would be cool to send one song a day to someone, both showing each other new songs that either of them might not know. Just an idea.

No comments: