Monday, November 5, 2007

Beg to Differ

We all hear redundant phrases that have been cliche, but what about this one:

I beg to differ.

Isn't that such a strong thing to say. You beg to differ. Beg?

No, don't be modest. You are incorrect, and I will beg in order to persuade you otherwise. I know phrases don't always literally mean what they say, but I was just thinking about this phrase today, and I never stopped to think about its literal translation.

On a second glance, is it weird, or do even the smallest things get my mind to reflect on trivial and silly matters?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn.
That is a very smartly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

Also visit my page: find