Friday, February 27, 2009

Bands to See in the 90s

I'm reading a book that takes place in the 90s, and I was very jealous when I heard that the narrator and his son got to attend a Nirvana concert at their height in the late nineties. I would have LOVED to see Kurt Cobain perform, but I was too young to be listening to that kind of music.

But it made me think... and I love to think in the hypothetical world.

If you could go back to the 90s and see bands perform live, which ones would you choose?

Think of a good top ten. I'm considering bands who would be killer to see at their height in the 90s, especially after a release of an increidble, classic album (such as Pearl Jam's Ten). Bands that are still together, bands that have separated, bands that have members who are deceased: consider them all.

Here is my top ten:

1. Nirvana
2. Pearl Jam
3. Soundgarden
4. Alice in Chains
5. Rage Against the Machine
6. Sublime
7. Radiohead
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers
9. Dave Matthews Band
10. Stone Temple Pilots

Honorable mentions:

Smashing Pumpkins
Rusted Root
Blind Melon
Bush
REM
Phish
Elliott Smith
Oasis
Spin Doctors
Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs
The Cranberries
Third Eye Blind
U2
The Pixies
Weezer
No Doubt
Janes Addiction
Hootie and the Blowfish
Filter
Counting Crows

Who would be on your top ten list?

No comments: