Thursday, September 25, 2008

Triumph Insults Star Wars



I have never understood Star Wars or the conventions and die-hard fans. The series never interested me, perhaps because sci-fi is really not that appealing. Everything seems so foreign and strange, so not real, that I repel the series. Yuck. Seems like a waste of time.

Another who agrees with me is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. A couple years ago, he came out with this hilarious bit where he goes to a Star Wars convention and completely insults everyone there for being a Star Wars loser. His jokes are pretty funny.

What I wonder is, how many people out there really hate Triumph and its creator/speaker Rob Smeigel? He is very up front and blunt about very personal subjects for people. There must be people out there who were very offended and angry about their encounter with him.

I also can't imagine how Smeigel does it. How does he say such crude and horrible things right to people's faces? I understand that he's being the dog, but the dog is only so small. He obviously thinks it if he's saying it. The dog is only so small, and he truly laughs after many of his jokes. I just know that I couldn't be that candid. I would hate to hurt so many people's feelings.

So, check out the Star Wars clip here.

What do you think of it? What do you think of Triumph?

No comments: