Monday, September 22, 2008

Mike Birbiglia's Secret Public Journal



Recently, I came across Mike Birbiglia's Secret Public Journal. Being a fan of his, I enjoy reading what he has to say whenever I have an extra few minutes when I'm online. It's very funny.

Check it out here.

I feel a bit strange blogging about it since I know that Mike gets Google alerts for when people blog or write about him online. He did a bit on it in one of his shows that is posted on YouTube--I then thought how weird it would be if he actually read this and checked it out. Strange connected world.

In his segment, he talked about blogging and how sad it is when no one posts. It's like standing in the middle of a party and talking for like fifteen straight minutes, and then no one responds. Awkward silence. I definitely know what he's talking about, and it's pretty funny.

Anyway, this guy is very talented. Read what he has to say; you can hear the way he speaks and delivers his comedy through his writing.

I think it's courageous to put your material on the internet, as people like to steal information, pictures, music, etc. I think it shows a lot of confidence on his part, and it's also excellent because he gets instant feedback on his new comedy. He can try it out and see if people like it before he goes on stage. Very smart technique.

So what do you think of Mike Birbiglia or his Secret Public Journal?

If you've never seen him, watch a video of him on his website or through YouTube.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer

Anonymous said...

why not:)

yanmaneee said...

yeezy shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
nike cortez men
paul george shoes
golden goose
kobe 9
kd 12
off white shoes
yeezys
hogan outlet

Rose said...

I recently watched 2 of Mike berbiglias specials on. Netflix my husband and I watch a lot of comedians some
Of our favorites are. Bill Burr and Todd Barry he is extremely funny but more so he is very real.