I was going through my old notebook where I used to write poetry (always a great experience) and I found this magazine cut out that I kept for some odd reason. I wanted to share it here because it is very similar to the last blog post I did. Inspirational top ten lists to follow. Here's one I saved from somewhere around 2005.
10 Thoughts on Whole Living
1. Allow yourself to experience the first delicious moments of morning.
2. Live in tune with your body; there is no single portrait of health.
3. Deep renewal comes from resetting your rythyms.
4. Your energy doesn't run out--it gets blocked. Find ways to free your flow.
5. Bodies in motion tend to stay in motion. Keep yours moving.
6. Positive change aligns with your deepest values.
7. With each challenge comes new growth. Engage in rewarding efforts.
8. Share your strengths--and be open to others' gifts.
9. There is no substitute for rest. Get plenty.
10. Surrender your need to control; let yourself be amazed.
I don't know why there were so many italics but I wanted to keep the original document the way it was published.
I think I realize why I kept this after I typed it--I used to battle a lot with the idea of control because I like to have a lot of it. But, as I've been learning, sometimes it's better to have less control and just let things play out as they will. Sometimes it is better, as it says, to let yourself be amazed.
So, what do you think? Do you agree/disagree with these? What rules do you live by? Why?