Monday, April 7, 2008

MENSA Tests

Is anyone familiar with the MENSA intelligence tests?

I came across them when I was watching Conan O'Brien; he does a series of jokes with them just like he does "Celebrity Survey." I decided to take some myself and see how I matched up. It got pretty addicting. It's pretty fun to rack your brain to see what you know. Try to take a test here.

Here is an example:

24 H in a D = 24 hours in a day

Try some of these examples from Test #1 to see if it interests you:
(These are the examples I got correct. I couldn't get them all.)

26 L of the A
7 D of the W
18 H on a GC - 18 holes on a golf course
3 B M (S H T R)
32 is the T in D F at which W F
3 W on a T
100 C in a D
12 M in a Y
13 is U F S
29 D in F in a L Y
365 D in a Y
52 W in a Y
9 L of a C
60 M in an H
12 S of the Z
90 D in a R A
15 M on a D M C

Answers:

26 letters of the alphabet
7 days of the week
18 holes on a golf course
3 blind mice (see how they run)
32 is the temperature in degrees fahrenheit at which water freezes
3 wheels on a tricycle
100 cents in a dollar
12 months in a year
13 is unlucky for some
29 days in february in a leap year
365 days in a year
52 weeks in a year
9 lives of a cat
60 minutes in an hour
12 signs of the zodiac
90 degrees in a right angle
15 men on a dead man's chest

What do you think of MENSA? Try to stump me.

No comments: