Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crocs



Crocs. I never thought the day would come when I would buy a pair, let alone dedicate a blog post to them. I've done it.

BUT, I am still not a fan of the original Croc slide-on shoes. I think those are cute for children who have troubles tying shoes. You know, when mom wants to slip out of the door quickly and junior just doesn't understand the concept of sneakers or shoe laces. On adults, I think they look a bit strange.



My purchase, a long contemplation, was over the Croc flip flops. When I saw my uncle about a week or so ago, he was wearing a pair that looked incredibly comfortable and not as obnoxious as the normal Croc slide-on shoe. I was intrigued. Normally, I just spend the cheap $5 purchase at Target or Walmart for a pair of flimsy black flip flops that eventually deteriorate within the next few months. But I love those because who cares what happens to them or what you do to them? My last pair was destroyed by a walk I took on railroad tracks covered in tar. Bad news. Bad ideas.

But, after spending $30, I became the proud new owner of solid black Croc flip flops. And let me tell you, I do not regret the decision. I wore them for the rest of the night after I put them on, and the literally like molded to my foot. Where the flip flops bounce back and forth from the ground to the bottom of your feet, these like suction to the bottom of your feet. I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything. I'm barefoot, but not. It's amazing.



So, as summer approaches, don't overlook the Croc flip flops. Overlook every other kind of Croc they sell--ESPECIALLY THE CROC HEELS. I can't believe it's true. Have you seen these things? My god, they're hideous! Why Crocs!? Why!!!!????

What do you think of Crocs? Yay or nay?

No comments: