Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer Food Calories

Yahoo normally catches my eye with a lead story on their website. Today, they ran a special on fattening and less fattening summer foods. I think it's interesting to look at because, when I am at a barbeque, I wonder sometimes how many calories I would be eating if I ate one dish over the other.

Check out the original article here. The following lists offer good suggestion, bad suggestion, etc. Well, here are the results:

Hot Dog with onions, relish, ketchup and mustard
270 calories
12 g fat

Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, ketchup and mustard
600 calories
28 g fat

Chips and Guacamole
175 calories
12 g fat

Veggies and ranch
200 calories
14 g fat

Baked Beans
150 calories
2 g fat

Potato Salad
220 calories
12 g fat

Mojito
175 calories
15 g sugars

Margarita
500 calories
35 g sugars

Ice Cream Sandwich
180 calories
7 g fat
13 g sugars

Apple Pie
400 calories
15 g fat
29 g sugar

So what do you think? Does this deter you, or just eat whatever--it's a barbeque!?

No comments: