Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Obama on The New Yorker



Has anyone seen this recent cover of The New Yorker?

This picture is questionable, some wondering if it is a satire or not. I was informed that it is supposed to be a depiction of how Republicans view Obama, but upon first looking at it, that might not have been my initial reaction. But, this is a dramatic stance to take anyway for such a literary magazine.

I am not going to comment much because this is such a hot and controversial topic, but there is an excellent blog on the LA Times website that addresses this issue. Read it here. It has great information.

Wow, it's just so powerful. These types of images will really get people started, but I can't believe this picture actually made it to the cover. If they're looking to sell a lot of magazines, I think they've done their job. Wow. Speechless.

What do you think of this cover?

No comments: