Thursday, January 10, 2008

Quentin Tarantino Movies



Walking through Hollywood Video, I passed by a movie cover that could only be for a movie by someone like Quentin Tarantino. I hadn't even heard of the release of this movie, Death Proof, until I saw about five copies of it on the rack.

I am a Tarantino fan (perhaps not extremely hard core as others), but I admire his work and I will see them when they come out with anticipation and excitement. His films, a lot of homages, have such certain characteristics to them that you can start to see that patterns between films and see the continuity of his artistic and creative talent as a writer with a gifted imagination.

For Tarantino fans out there, what film impressed you the most? Which would you consider your favorite? I will provide a list below (the films he has written)...

Death Proof (2007)
Grindhouse (2007)
Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
Jackie Brown (1997)
Curdled (1996)
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
Dance Me to the End of Love (1995)
Four Rooms (1995)
Natural Born Killers (1994)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
True Romance (1993)
Reservoir Dogs (1992)
My Best Friend's Birthday (1987)

I'm a big fan of Pulp Fiction, despite some really f'ed up parts in it that seriously disturb me, but the dialogue and the writing impress me. I think that movie has one of the most disturbing scenes I have ever seen in a movie, but that left a lasting impression on me. Other parts are just genius, or have one-liners that stay with you, like "I shot Marvin in the face!" Definitely a classic.

What's your favorite? Why?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you giving such a wonderful movie amusement.I really enjoy this type of movies.its so interesting..



videos

Unknown said...

Great list, great work! Also thanks to Laura for sharing amusementhub.co.uk, really like it!