Friday, January 9, 2009

Homestarrunner



For those of you who really enjoy stupid humor, visit Homestarrunner. If you enjoy adult cartoons on TV, then this site is definitely for you.

I got into this website when I was in high school, but I watched it more much in college with my friends and roommates. We became easily addicted to the ridiculous humor on this website; it's not too hard to do.

I must admit: My favorite section on the website must be Teen Girl Squad. If you go to the site, you have to check out this cartoon. For whatever reason, this either really appeals to people, or they really don't get the humor. If you do get the humor, it's absolutely hysterical.

My friends and I have such a strong connection with it because each of our personalities reflect one of the characters. My bossy friend is the Cheerleader, the head of the pack. My free-spirited friend is the Ugly One because she is just so bizarre and odd like her (and they have the same gangly body type). And I am What's Her Face, the rejected, pathetic tomboy character. We never found a So and So character that we were friends with. We tried to make someone fit, but it was just trying too hard.

Even if you don't have that personal connection with the characters like we do (which is crazy that they're so similar to our personalities--just listening to their dialogue is hilarious because they almost reflect what we'd say in real life) it's still very funny to watch. They make fun of the youth culture in a way that is so true and dead-on. If you work with adolescents, you'll get this, and it will make you want to laugh until you cry.

I suggest watching Teen Girl Squad from episode one until the most recent. They become better as you watch them. And, at the end of the episode, you can click on a part at the last page that plays a small cartoon that builds from that episode. It's a funny secret addition.

Some people get really into Strong Bad Emails. They're pretty funny too, but again, they appeal to certain people's humor.

Classic Toons that I recommend:

"A Jorb Well Done"
Anything with Star Sad in it (he's hopeless and more hilarious than Eeore)
"Fluffy Puff Commercial"
"The Interview"
"Meet Marshie"
"Lookin at a Thing in a Bag"

These guys have been getting together and making cartoons as early as 2000. Could you imagine making enough money to run a comedy cartoon website like these guys do? I'm jealous. That's such a great gig. They probably also make money from merchandise you can buy on the website. It's an impressive thing they do here.

So, what do you think of Homestarrunner and Teen Girl Squad?

No comments: