Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hard Sun



If I haven't yet convinced anyone to see or read Into the Wild yet, perhaps this music video will convince you.

This video, "Hard Sun" by Eddie Vedder, is basically a movie trailer for the movie. I haven't yet seen the movie, but after reading the book and seeing this music video, I am overwhelmed with emotions, thoughts, and feelings that I encountered with the book. These feelings resurface by seeing the book put to pictures because it seems like they did a really fine job with the film based on this video.

My only question at this point is, who is this girl they keep showing? In the book, they never mentioned that Chris McCandless ever really had a serious love interest. He was normally just an isolated guy. They even discussed in the book the fact that he never had any female relationships really. They debated why he was in cellibacy. Perhaps it's for dramatic appeal and effect for the movie, but I don't like adding fictitious elements to this story. It's appealing as it is.

It's a very calming, exciting music video with amazing shots of Alaskan landscapes. It makes me want to go out and explore or do something significant. Check it out for yourself. Let me know what you think of it.

No comments: