Monday, April 6, 2009

Saved by the Bell Petition



Any Saved by the Bell fans out there?

Believe it or not, Saved by the Bell is coming up on its twentieth year anniversary. Yes, we're getting old. I don't know about you, but that show was a staple for me. I used to watch it before and after school. It never got old to me.

I loved all seasons: the early years, high school years, college years, and even the movie where Zack and Kelly get married. I was hooked. Even though it was probably pretty cheesy to let the series last that long, I couldn't get enough of it. It was just so fake and funny... I still enjoy watching it if it comes on television.

The purpose of the post: Jimmy Fallon's Late Night is attempting to reunite the cast. He's had Mr. Belding on two of his shows, and he's signed on to join the reunion show. Jimmy brought out a big sign, and when cast members sign on to do it, they will add their face to the sign. Only Belding is on thus far.

Now, in order to encourage members to come to the reunion show, Jimmy has a petition on his website. Sign the petition and watch the clip with Mr. Belding and Jimmy giving his speech to the cast members here. So far, over 18,000 people have signed on. Contribute!

Can you imagine? I would LOVE to see them all back together after so long. It's such a good idea to do this. I doubt that many of them will, but I really hope that they do.

And, if you love Saved by the Bell, you should read an essay included in Chuck Klosterman's Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs. He dissects the show (how it was so unreal to actually happen and describe teenage life) and talks about its impact on pop culture. It's well done. He really knows his Saved by the Bell.

So, if you love Saved by the Bell. Make the contribution! We'd all love to see it happen. Help make it happen.

So, what do you think of Saved by the Bell and the attempted twenty-year reunion?

No comments: